Friday, September 23, 2011

Thinking Philly Thoughts

Although I have been away from my Philadelphia roots for decades, I still find myself missing the little things that made Philly such a unique experience. Last night at the store I found myself looking for all things Philadelphia and came up with some goodies. First I found Tastykakes. Excellent. Then I found Taylor Pork Roll. Outstanding. Then, to my mazement, I found scrapple!
Breyers Ice Cream was easy. A Frank's Black Cherry Wishniak soda would have hit the spot, or even a Frank's Lime or a Tahitian Treat. Alas, Frank's is no more. There are no real cheese steaks or soft pretzels here in Las Vegas, but a Super Pretzel gave me a feel for the neighborhood and gathering the fixin's for a cheese steak was fun. Anyway, I'm now looking to find a hoagie that gets close to my memory of the Philly hoagie and I'll have a great start on a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment