Monday, September 26, 2011

Painful Self Revelations About Michael Vick

I like to think of myself as a good person. I am a father to four wonderful children. I work hard. I have five fabulous bulldogs that I dote on. I am a lifelong Eagles fan. I saw my first game as a 10 year old at Franklin Field in 1961, and many after that. And now, as I turn 60, I'm sitting in front of the TV hoping that Michael Vick gets hurt. It's not racist. Randall Cunninghan was fabulous as a person and a player. Donovan McNabb was a lucky guy to have Andy Reid and his system to make him look as good as he possibly could be. Was he Sonny Jurgensen or Ron Jaworski---or Randall Cunningham? Not even close, but I never rooted against him. But this Michael Vick----I just couldn't believe it when they Eagles signed him. Of all of the 32 teams in the NFL, why did we have to get him? So now I watch and hope he gets hurt. I can't erase the vision of him electrocuting and drowning his dogs. I really don't care about his sad story of his upbringing. Most of us had a tough upbringing. Many were abused....it was a different world then. My father used to beat me with regularity...but I never looked to injure kill or maim...I learned from it. So now I sit and watch and hope Michael Vick gets hurt so I don't have to watch him tarnish the team that I have loved ,y whole life just by being on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment